WHY SHIPPING CONTAINERS?
Because shipping containers are designed to carry heavy loads, stacked in columns, resist harsh environments – weather and resistant to salt corrosion etc. They can withstand practically any extreme weather, such as hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes. Securely anchored, containers can take winds up to 280 kilometers per hour. You can also rest assured that it will never collapse during an earthquake. By far, they make for the safest storm shelters.
A house made from shipping container is resilient to animals or pests because of its thick floor and strong metal walls and roof.
ARE DOMINO HOMES EARTHQUAKE PROOF?
Containers are “virtually indestructible”. Shipping containers are designed to bear heavy loads, withstand harsh climatic conditions, as well as rough seas and can also easily be stacked one on top of the other to create multi-story homes. Their structural stability makes such homes earthquake and hurricane proof, which makes them extremely safe for natural disaster-prone areas.
WHAT CAN A DOMINO HOME BE USED FOR?
DOMINO HOMES are built as modern living houses. It can be used as a family home, a rental suite, office, guest house, cabin or cottage, multi-unit apartment complex etc.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BUILD AND INSTALL A DOMINO HOME?
The delivery time is 3 months from the date you sign the contract and make your first payment, installation requires on average 3-7 days.
CAN I CHOOSE THE FINISHING'S FOR MY DOMINO HOME?
Yes, even within our standard finishing’s we offer a wide range of options but you don’t have to be limited by these. Exterior cladding, interior wall finishes, floor coverings, paint colors, counter tops, fixtures and appliances can all be chosen to meet individual requirements, and clients are welcome to supply their own items for inclusion should they wish to do so.
DO I NEED TO PREPARE THE SITE FOR INSTALLATION?
Yes, you will need to prepare your land for installation of the house. Typically land preparation involves leveling and compacting the land as well as preparing infrastructures such as electricity, water and sewage.
CAN WE OFFER ANY FINANCING?
Currently we do not have any financing options available.
WILL I NEED TO HIRE A CRANE FOR THE INSTALLATION OF THE HOUSE?
Yes, you will need a crane for the install, but we can manage (in Latvia) this process for you. It is difficult to give an exact cost of the crane as it depends on many factors such as , the location of your land, the size of the house to be installed etc.
WHAT IS ZERO ENERGY HOME?
Zero energy homes are just like any home—except better. They are regular grid-tied homes that are so air-tight, well insulated, and energy efficient that they produce as much renewable energy as they consume over the course of a year, leaving the occupants with a net zero energy bill, and a carbon-free home.
A zero energy home is not just a “green home” or a home with solar panels. A zero energy home combines advanced design and superior building systems with energy efficiency and on-site solar panels to produce a better home. Zero energy homes are ultra-comfortable, healthy, quiet, sustainable homes that are affordable to live in
WHERE DOMINO HOMES CAN BE DELIVERED?
We are based in Riga, Latvia. We can deliver to any place where transportation of large modules are possible. You need to make sure that large trucks and a crane can access your property before placing an order.
WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT TERMS?
- A down payment in the amount of 30% of the Purchase Price shall be transferred to Seller’s account no later than in 5 days from entering the Agreement
- Another 30% of the Purchase Price shall be paid before starting the production.
- The remainder of the Purchase Price shall be paid after the production and before handing over House for transportation.
- Installation fee is paid on completion.
You are welcome to visit our factory and inspect the product before transportation. Also we will send you photos and videos during manufacturing process.
WHAT IS INCLUDED AND NOT INCLUDED IN PRICE?
THE PRICE INCLUDES
- cost of packaging and loading in Latvia
- interior and exterior finishing according to standard configuration specification (incl. kitchen in D-series only and bathoom for both D-series and M-series)
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- delivery (road+sea) / on low-bed truck (special vehicle permitting, convoy attending vehicle if needed)
- kitchen is NOT included in M-series homes only
- technical route inspection (drive-through), if required
- travel costs and accomodation for 3 workers (3-7 days)
- unloading crane in destination
- installation on site (2000-5000Eur)